The conference venue for Methods XVII is Erbacher Hof, right in the historic city centre of Mainz and in the vicinity of the 1000-year-old Roman Catholic cathedral.
- info on how to access the venue's WiFi will be available at the registration desk
Technical info for presenters
- each room has a laptop with Windows 10 and the standard MS Office Suite
- the data projectors have HDMI connections
- please try and upload your talk to the computer in your room before your talk; run through the slides at least once to check whether everything looks ok – PowerPoint looks different on every machine
- if you have audio embedded in your file, make sure it plays ok!
- if you want to use your own device, please bring an adapter for a HDMI projector and test everything in one of the coffee breaks before your talk to allow for a smooth handover between presentations
- if you want to bring in co-presenters via video call, please set up such calls yourself; the laptops don't have Zoom or any other videocalling software installed, so either use the web interface or use your own device